There is something intriguing about Vietnam and Cambodia. I'm not sure what makes me want to go there; The culture? The scenery? Attractions? Maybe just the thought of people's reactions when you tell them where you're going. It sounds so....foreign. That's exactly why this is my choice for our next adventure!
After recently visiting Thailand, I discovered how amazing the people are, and how much more there is to see in that part of the world. After a lot of research, I think I've come up with a pretty good plan....though there's SO much to visit there, I'm already sad I can't see it all :)
Our trip would start by flying into Siem Reap, Cambodia. From there, I think 2 full days would be sufficient to visit the world famous ruins of Angor Wat and the environs. Covering 500 acres, there will be plenty of things to explore.
After our few days in Siem Reap, we will take a quick 2 hour flight to Luang Prabang, Laos. We will spend 2 full days here exploring the surrounding mountains and waterfalls on bikes, and taking a peaceful river cruise along the Mekong River. We might even squeeze in a day trip to Vang Viang and join in the popular activity of tubing, though it is a 2 1/2 hour drive...
From Luang Prabang, we will take a quick 1 hour flight to the Northern city of Hanoi. We will only plan to spend the one night there, as the next day will start our motorcycle adventure through Northern Vietnam. We will spend 5 days riding through North East Vietnam with a guide. There are quite a few tour options to choose from, and you can check them all out here with a good company I found: Off Road Motorbike Tours. Prices are decent and the trips look amazing!
After our long journey biking around Northern Vietnam, we will head to Halong Bay and take a 3 day, 2 night junk tour. The tours include all meals as well as kayaking and other excursions. Check out the tour options here: Halong Bay Cruises
We will then return home with great pictures and even greater memories!
"Returning home is the most difficult part of a long journey; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits"



No comments:
Post a Comment